Join our effort to support survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking
Donate Time, Talent or Treasure
There are countless ways to get involved with Community Crisis Center. If you’re the type that likes to see the fruits of your labor, check out our volunteer opportunities where you can directly affect those we serve. We also appreciate individuals who may not have the time but have the means to make a difference financially. If you’re interested in seeing what’s going on, visit our calendar of events.
Help Meet Our Shelter's Immediate Needs
Our shelter is especially busy. Personal care supplies are always needed. Please consider donating the following goods. They can be delivered to our offices in Miami, Jay or Vinita. Call us for more information at 918-540-2275.
Most of our clients come into Shelter without any belongings. We would love to offer them all needed linens, personal care items, food and toiletries. This marks the beginning of them feeling safe.
- Ladies slippers, socks, robes, underwear, and lounge wear of all sizes
- Food items: granola bars, juice boxes, individually packaged snacks, water bottles, milk, eggs, and fresh produce
- Kitchen items: quart and gallon regular & freezer bags, aluminum foil, paper towels, plastic wrap, silverware, kitchen cloths, reusable cups, silverware and trash bags
- Bath items: shampoo, conditioner, towels, wash rags, deodorant, brushes
- Hygiene items: q-tips, tampons, kleenex, razors, hand sanitizer, brushes, lice shampoo, spray, metal combs, nit remover
- Medications: adult/child cold, allergy, pain meds, melatonin, prenatal vitamins anti diarrhea medicine
- Children's items: Diapers, pull ups, baby wipes, underwear, kids soap/shampoo, baby wash, baby lotion, baby powder, drawstring backpacks, school and art supplies
- Teen Items: Fidget toys, headphones, throw blankets, adult coloring books, colored pencils, sketch pads, and games
- Cleaning: lysol spray & wipes, floor cleaner, bleach/all purpose cleaners, dish/laundry soap, sponges, Chorox wipes, sponges, laundry soap, furniture polish and Pine-Sol,
- Office Supplies: spiral notebooks, markers, poster board, colored paper, journals, large planners, pencils, folders, glue sticks, water color paints, highlighters, red/blue/black pens,
Our staff child advocate hosts family games nights and groups for shelter families. There is always a need for games, crafts, and child toys or goodies. Call us for more information on additional items to donate or hosting a donation drive!