Is this abuse?
Intimate partner violence is a pattern of abusive behavior used by one partner to gain control over another. This violence can happen to anyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. It includes verbal and emotional abuse, financial abuse, physical or sexual violence, and stalking.
Is your relationship abusive?
It can be difficult to tell if your partner is abusive. Signs may not show up until months or years into the relationship.
Domestic violence is not always violent. Does your partner:
- Minimize your feelings
- Accuse you of flirting or cheating
- Blame you for their behavior
- Limit your access to money
- Pressure you sexually
- Criticize your actions or responses
- Make all relationship decisions
- Show unpredictable anger towards you
- Restrain, push or hit you
If so, you may be in an unhealthy relationship.
Need Help Now? Call our 24-hour hotline at 800-400-0883. Advocates are standing by.