Join our effort to end domestic violence
Donate Time, Talent or Treasure
There are countless ways to get involved with Community Crisis Center. If you’re the type that likes to see the fruits of your labor, check out our volunteer opportunities where you can directly affect those we serve. We also appreciate individuals who may not have the time but have the means to make a difference financially. If you’re interested in seeing what’s going on, visit our calendar of events.
Help Meet Our Shelter's Immediate Needs
Our shelter is especially busy. Personal care supplies are always needed. Please consider donating the following goods. They can be delivered to our offices in Miami, Jay or Vinita. Call us for more information at 918-540-2275.
Many times when a woman comes in to shelter she doesn't have any belongings. We would love to offer these women a shower, warm and comfortable clothing, socks and shoes. This marks the beginning of them feeling safe.
- Ladies slippers, socks, robes, underwear and lounge wear of all sizes
- Women's tennis shoes -- all sizes
- Warm scarves
- Kitchen items: quart and gallon regular & freezer bags, aluminum foil, paper towels, plastic wrap, brown paper bags
- Bath items: shampoo, lotion, hand soap & sanitizer, towels, wash rags, deodorant, brushes
- Heigene items: q-tips, tampons, kleenex, razors, brushes, lice kits
- Medications: adult/child cold, allergy, pain meds, Thermoscan thermometer, melatonin, prenatal vitamins
- Children's items: Diapers, pull ups, baby wipes, underwear, kids soap/shampoo, baby wash, baby lotion, baby powder, drawstring backpacks, school boxes, big pink erasers, ear buds for students,
- Cleaning: lysol spray & wipes, floor cleaner, bleach/all purpose cleaners, dish/laundry soap, sponges, Chorox wipes, sponges, laundry soap, furniture polish, Pine-Sol, Germex, draw string bags, storage bags, Trapper Keepers
- Maintenance: ladder, small dressers
- Office Supplies: spiral notebooks, markers, poster board, colored paper, journals, large planners, pencils, folders, glue sticks, water color paints, highlighters, red/blue/black pens,
Our staff child advocate hosts family games nights and groups for shelter families. There is always a need for games, crafts, and child toys or goodies. Don't forget back to school supplies are needed this time of year!